8.18.2010

36 Weeks: One Snore, Two Snores, All Night Snores

The month countdown to Hadley's arrival began this week! It started with a baby bump picture. The bump is no longer a bump; it is a true basketball. It is hard as a rock and doesn't flatten no matter how I sit or lay. Hadley is now 20 inches long and 6 pounds according to the book. We haven't had another ultrasound since July 9th, so there is no way of truly knowing. She moves around a lot and loves to nest her precious feet under my ribs. She also loves to twist from the left side to the right side of her warm home. Her movement brings me smiles all day long. Here's the basketball.
Saturday night, I experienced severe lower back pain. Some say it was a prelabor sign. Who knows! All I know is that I don't want to become so focused aka paranoid about going into labor. So, I'm just taking it day by day. Delivering a baby is part of the miracle of life that God designed for all creatures. When Hadley is ready to arrive, she will come. For being such a planner and control freak at times, I am very much at peace with Hadley's arrival being out of my control. However, my bet is September 1st or 2nd. What is your bet?

Doctor appointment went well today. BP was 118/80. Hadley's heartrate was 140 bpm. Doc said, "You look great and have done great being pregnant. Now, it's just a waiting game. I give you at least another two weeks." If his casual prediction is true, then we are right at Sept. 1st. He didn't check for dilation, but did say that she is right where she needs to be when I asked him about her dropping. I go back next Thursday.

During the last couple weeks, Brandon says that I have been snoring. I am not a snorer, but I guess pregnancy has made me one. It has been so bad the last two nights that it drove Brandon to sleep somewhere else. One night, the couch became his bed. Last night, the guest bed became his bed. So, Lexi and I had the king bed all to ourselves! I feel horrible, but I don't know what to do. I'm waking up every 2 hours now and I'll take what sleep I can get. Brandon is so sweet about it and wants me to get rest, so he sacrifices his comfy bed. He is such an amazing, kind, thoughtful man! Hadley and I are lucky girls!

Today is a special day!! Two people that we love very very much are celebrating their birthdays! 
Miss April turned 30 and is moving to L.A. on Friday! We are so proud of her and Hadley already loves her Aunt April so much! We can't wait to see what the L.A. journey will bring her. 


Canon turned 2! This lil' guy is Hadley's future prom date! Matchmaking is already in the works! We can't believe it has been two years since we met him. It has been fun to watch him grow from an infant to a precious lil' guy with a hilarious personality. Just look at this picture! 


Back to the recliner to elevate the feet! 
Much love!
B, H & Hadley

2 comments:

April said...

Thanks for including me in todays post, feel so honored! I think it is cute that you are snoring a little bit! I cannot wait to see you on Friday:) Love you!

Bronsons said...

Sweet friend....Thank you for mentioning Canon's special day on your blog (and a pic!)! Thanks for remembering him and Miss April as your family's special peeps! So glad for all the great updates! We love you guys so much and can't wait to have an arranged prom date in 2028 (Yikes! Seems so far away!)Can't wait to kiss Miss Hadley! Love you tons!