5.12.2010

22 Weeks: Our Staycation

We are enjoying a week away from the hustle and bustle and at our jobs by simply spending time at home. It has been nice to "do nothing," but it's amazing how much you can find "to do." We have definitely kept ourselves busy, but it has been fun to have some quality hubby-wifey time before Girlstar arrives.

Saturday - We shopped for baby furniture. Who knew there was such a large selection? Who knew how expensive it is?

Sunday - Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! All day I thought about how Girlstar will be crawling on the next Mother's Day. It was kinda weird to think about. Pastor Brooks asked the moms to stand and I remained seated. I'm very excited about becoming a mother, but also have moments when it is overwhelming and scary. Lots of responsibility and a responsibility that never goes away. After church, we ordered Girlstar's furniture. It should be here in 4-6 weeks, which is a perfect! I'll let you know if they hit their timeline.
Monday - We ran errands, looked for an edger for the yardman (aka Daddy) and looked for fabric for the nursery bedding. Nana (my Mom) and I are going to make the baby bedding. It should be a fun, entertaining event with lots of stories to share with the Girlstar. Later in the day, we dodged the crazy Oklahoma storms. It was quite eventful around here between 4:30 and 5:30. The tornados were east of us, thankfully, but we did get a new supplies of golf balls and baseballs.



Tuesday - We had breakfast at Jimmy's Egg with all the retired folk. I look forward to the day that we can do that. Then, I looked for nursery fabric. I have been to every fabric store in OKC as well as shopped every fabric store online. I think we are getting closer to finding the perfect colors and fabrics, but it has been a process. Who knew there were so many choices? Who knew that mommy and daddy were so picky? Here's the collection.
We also started watching the TV Series "Prison Break." It is no longer on TV, so we are doing the marathon. It's very intense!!

Girlstar is moving like crazy! Daddy actually saw her move from outside the belly (obviously) last night. She gets really active between 9:30 and 11:00 at night. Hope that isn't a sign that she's a night owl. She is now the size of a small doll at about 8 inches long and 1.2 pounds. 

Have a good rest of the week! Daddy is having surgery tomorrow, so Nurse Henshall will have a full-time job. 

Much love,
B, H + 1 Girlstar

2 comments:

The Bronson Family said...

Love love love the furniture! Can't wait to see it in your home!

Anonymous said...

I love the furniture!!! I cannot wait to see the fabric you choose!! I love Prison Break, it is a great series for the two of you to watch!! Praying Brandon heals quickly! Love all three of you!!!