5.18.2010

23 Weeks: Surgery

To finish off the Staycation play-by-play, here is the scoop.

Wednesday - We had an afternoon movie date to see "Iron Man 2." Girlstar loved the buttered movie popcorn with nacho cheese seasoning on top or she loved the action pack noises of the movie. I don't know, but she moved around like crazy. It was a really good movie and well worth seeing it at the theater.

Thursday - It was surgery for Daddy. He was diagnosed with weightlifter shoulder about 6 weeks ago. The Doctor tried a steroid treatment, but it only provided a temporary relief in the pain and lack of movement in his shoulder. Therefore, Daddy elected to have surgery and it was a must before Girlstar came into our life. I don't think I could have handled a newborn baby and a hubby baby at the same time. :) Grandmommy (B's mother) sat with me for 6 hours in the waiting room and I was so happy to have her there. It was a very emotional day. Surgery is just scary no matter how you look at it.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday - You can sum up the three days in three words - icing, little sleep and calf wraps. Daddy spent most of his days sitting in the recliner hooked up to a machine to ice his shoulder and to prevent blood clots with calf wraps. He became Iron Man. We got little sleep, which I guess was a good introduction with how life will be in about 4 months with a newborn. I did venture out Saturday afternoon to Babies R' Us where Aunt Stephanie helped me start registering. It is amazing the stuff that they have for kids. What happened to the days of pushing a baby around the house in a box??? Uncle Brian loved being pushed and I loved being the pusher! Girlstar may have to be introduced to that fun with Cousin Hannah being the pusher!

We both went back to work Monday! Girlstar is growing like crazy. She is now the size of an ear of corn (8.5 inches, 1.5 lbs). I had two people stop me at work and say "I didn't know you were expecting." Here comes the attention and the hands gravitating to the belly. I don't know how I feel about that, but I guess I don't have a choice. The pop happened and now it's time to show it off! Here is the pop!

XOXO,
B & H + Girlstar

No comments: