6.08.2010

26 Weeks: No more Small Spaces

Doctor appointment went well last week. Girlstar's heartrate was 145. Mommy gained 5 pounds for a total weight gain of 19 pounds so far. Both of us are growing at a healthy rate. I did the glucose test and actually liked the orange drink. It tasted like a Sonic slush without the ice. No news from the doc is good news! She is now a full 2 pounds and 9+ inches long...about the size of a cucumber.

My biggest challenge this week has been remembering that the bump is there! I can't count how many times I have scooted my chair up too close to the table or leaned over something only to find the belly being a stopping point. I tried today to squeeze between a cart and shelf at CVS and it took several steps and a hillarious back-and-forth movement to make my way past the cart. I'm sure someone got a good laugh if they were watching. Next time I will just take the extra steps and go down a different aisle.

Girlstar participated in her first wedding. Congrats Lindsey and Josh!! Sydney, the flower girl, was precious! I kept thinking that there are many weddings in Girlstar's future where she could be the flower girl. That will be so special! Then during the Father-Daughter dance, Daddy said, "That will be me someday." It was so sweet and melted my heart! I can't wait to see their relationship and love grow.

XOXOXO,
B & H + 1 Girlstar

No comments: