6.24.2010

28 Weeks: All about the "3"

We made it to the "3" trimester! It's hard to believe that we will meet our daughter in around 11 weeks. She is growing like a weed and so is mommy's bump. She is now 17" long and about 2.9 lbs...around the size of a small cabbage. She is blinking. She moves at least once an hour, which is really fun. I always wondering what she is doing in there...tasting something yummy, having a dream or exercising. One of my work Colleagues said, "Heather, you really are pregnant. We believed you, but we were wondering." What a complement! Here is the bump!
Mommy turned "3-0" on Tuesday. 3-0 was the next age milestone and it is here. I could not be happier with my life. I have a wonderful husband who is my best friend and I would be lost without him. I have a great job that challenges me everyday and work with great people who I call friends. I am expecting my first daughter and the pregnancy has been very easy so far. God has truly blessed me and I look forward to what the years in the "3s" will bring.

Nana (my mom) and I did our magic with the "3" fabrics for the nursery. We are 80% done with the bumper and will finish it in July. The baby furniture will be delivered next Tuesday. We plan to paint this weekend. When the nursery is done, it will be another reality check."

What girl name would give you "13" points in a game of Scrabble?? The answer is Girlstar's name...Hadley! We narrowed it down to two and finally decided. Who knew so much thought and pressure came with naming a little miracle?? Hadley is English and means "field of Heather." Renae is my middle name. We'll see if one day she carries it on to her daughter making it three generations of Renae. 
Sorry this post is late. It's been a busy week!
XOXOXO,
B & H + Hadley Renae


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hadley Renae is such a beautiful name!! I will never forget the day we looked up the name Hadley and we found out the meaning...it was meant to be! Love you!!

Rebecca said...

Love the name! Funny, I was just thinking yesterday, I wonder what Heather and Brandon are going to name the girlstar and then I see the email! Can't wait to meet Miss Hadley Renae.

xo, Rebecca