The past week was full of "firsts" for Hadley. She made her first trip east on the Turner Turnpike to spend a few days in T-Town. I was a little nervous about making the 1 hour and 45 minute drive alone, but my strategy worked great! Fill her up and hit the road! During our three day visit, we made the rounds. We had to see all the people that we love and Nana had to show her off at City Hall. She probably was the youngest visitor ever to go to the Tulsa Mayor's Office.
 |
| Lilly was so excited to meet her future Chi-O sister! Hadley was sad to leave! |
 |
| Great Grandma Norma quickly remembered how to hold a little one! |
 |
| Hadley loved Aunt Barbara! |
 |
| Uncle Kevin was a natural...put her to sleep! |
 |
| Aunt Laina, Hadley and Tido cuddled for hours! |
 |
| Great Grandpa Ray was so proud! |
 |
| A little smile for Grandpa Daryl! |
 |
| Pretty in Pink at five weeks old |
After we got home from Tulsa, we had two long nights of Hadley sleeping like an angel, but Daddy and Mommy couldn't sleep. Miss Hadley loves to grunt and groan throughout the night. Doc said it means that she is growing! Growing is great, but the parents need their sleep. So, we decided that it was time to move Hadley to her room and to her big crib. It was a fairly easy transition for Hadley, but I had a hard time. In fact, I slept in the guest room the first night because I was paranoid that I wouldn't hear her (even though we have an awesome video monitor) or that the boogie man would get her. The transition to her crib also included trying to implement a schedule. So, Hadley and I are up everyday at 7:30 a.m. in hopes that this will put a stop to her 11:00 p.m.-midnight bedtime. It hasn't helped, but I am still hopeful that it will over time. Thankfully, I don't have to go back to work for another 5 weeks so we have plenty of time. Poor Daddy would disagree because he loves having "daddy time," but it keeps him up too late.
 |
| What is this bed with all the colors and fun? I think I like it! |
On Tuesday night, we left Hadley with a babysitter for the first time. We attended a charity auction for Assembly of God Missions. Hadley and Hannah stayed together with a babysitter. We were worried about it because Hadley usually has a "fussy time" from 7-9 p.m. Sometimes it is horrible and we are the parents. I did pretty good for the first two hours and then I was anxious to get home. I missed her so much! Everyone survived including the babysitter, but it was weird to pay the babysitter. I was always the babysitter, not the mommy making an instruction list and handing over the cash.
Hadley is 6 weeks old and is getting so big!!! We can hardly believe that she is holding her head up, smiling occasionally and getting chubby legs.
Much love!
Mommy Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment