Halloween is one of Brandon's favorite holidays because kids get to have fun! It also falls during a great time of the year - beautiful weather, changing leaves, warm clothes, football, football and more football. Halloween was extra special this year because we got to celebrate with our own Lovebug! It's amazing how having a little one changes the meaning of all holidays especially the ones devoted to the kids.
On Friday, Nana and Grandpa made a special stop in OKC to see our Lovebug! Then we went to the
Christ's Legacy Church Fall Festival where we hung out with G-Daddy, Grandmommy, Auntie Steph and Hannah! It was chilly, but lots of fun. Our Lovebug was the youngest kiddo there!
 |
| Henshall Clan |
 |
| Marie Antoinette (aka Hannah) and Lovebug (aka Hadley) |
 |
| Mommy and Lovebug |
Since Halloween was on Sunday, OKC did trick-or-treating on Saturday night. So, the Lovebug attended her first Halloween Party at the Howard's! Thank you to the Bronson's for the invitation!! Hadley met her first witch. It was a successful introduction without any tears. Hadley went on her first hayride. It was a modern day hayride through a beautfiul neighborhood and pulled by an electric car, not a tractor! That is life in the City!
 |
| Off with go...burp cloth and all! |
 |
| Enjoying the Hayride |
 |
| T-Rex (aka Canon), Lovebug and Mommy |
 |
| T-Rex and Mommy Candi |
 |
| Lovebug with big blue eyes |
 |
| T-Rex showing us his treats |
Last week, Hadley and I started a routine of getting up between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. and trying to do eat-play-sleep during the day! We are getting there slowly, but I do think we are making progress. However, the great news is that we ALL are sleeping through the night!! I still wake up around 4:00 a.m. to check on her, but the video monitor makes it very easy. A simple click of a button and I know she is okay. However, I have to admit that I don't have 100% confidence because I still occasionally tiptoe into her room just to be sure!
Hadley's bedtime is not consistent, but she sleeps once she falls asleep. On Sunday night, Hadley went to bed at 8:30 p.m., Daddy went to bed at 9:00 p.m. and I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. That was the first time in months, maybe even years, that our lights were out before 10:00 p.m. We all were worn out from the Halloween fun!
Enjoy the beautiful Fall weather! Don't forget to "fall back" the clocks on Saturday night. I sure hope that doesn't mess up our schedule too much!
Mommy Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment