On Friday, we had our second ultrasound. Everything looked great and she even showed her stubborn personality when she wouldn't move her hands away from her face. She weighed 3 lbs. and 14 ounces, so he moved my due date to Sept. 7th. It's not an official move, but based on her growth she should be ready to enter this world. We have our Childbirth class on Saturday, which should be quite entertaining.
The bump is growing straight forward. It's becoming a little more difficult to do everyday task such as bend over, get dressed and sit up after laying down. The bump is also making it a little challenging to sleep as I can't get comfortable. Oh well, it's just preparing me for the months after she is born. Recently, I reconnected with my sweet high school friend, Whitney. She lives in Norman and is due about 4 weeks ahead of me with a baby boy. Here is a picture of us - me at 31 weeks and her at 35 weeks. I look forward to sharing this special time with her!
I spent the weekend in Tulsa where Nana and I worked on Hadley's bedding. We had a great time, but I have a new appreciation for anything that is made by hand. Sewing is a lot of work. The most beautiful crib skirt in the world (see pic below) took us almost 5 hours with lots of sweat and even a little blood from the pins. :) Hadley better love that bed skirt because she will have it until she is 18. Hahaha! The most important thing is we made it with love and it was great to spend that time with my mom (aka Nana). The bumpers are almost ready. The paisley will go on the outside and the lavender minky dot will be on the inside. Hopefully, we'll get the headboard back this week and put the crib together so you can see the finished product!
Much love,
B, H + Hadley Renae





No comments:
Post a Comment