Little did I know that lil' Hadley Renae would make her grand entrance about 12 hours after my last post. I guess she decided it was time to come on a very special day! She will share her birthday with her Uncle Brian! What a wonderful present for him! What a wonderful bond to share!!
Tuesday night, September 14, Brandon and I watched a movie called "The Killers." The comedy kept me occupied after being very emotionally and physically exhausted. We went to bed about 11:00. I tossed and turned in bed until midnight when I decided that maybe I should sleep on the couch. I nap great on the couch, so I thought it would put me right to sleep. I was wrong. I tossed and turned on the couch until 1:00 a.m. when I decided to figure out what medication I could take to sleep. Benadryl was on the approved doctor list, so I took a Benadryl, moved back to bed and fell quickly to sleep.
At 2:00 a.m., labor began! My belly felt like it was going to explode and shooting pains ran up and down my back. I was so uncomfortable that I spent most of the next 45 minutes laying on the bathroom floor and tried to breathe deep until they passed. These were REAL, TRUE contractions. Bye bye Braxton Hicks! I woke Daddy at 2:45 a.m. and we were on our way to Mercy by 3:20 a.m. I always knew that OK had bumpy roads, but that 25 mile journey to Mercy seemed extra bumpy. They need to do some road work!
At 4:00 a.m., my contractions were 2 minutes apart and I was dilated to 4 cm. We were admitted to bring Hadley into this world. At 6:00 a.m., I had my epidural and was dilated to 6 cm and 100% effaced. Doctor arrived to break my water only to find that it broke on its own. Love, love, love the epidural!!! It was a weird sensation because my legs felt like bricks, but the four hours of contractions without it were quite intense!
At 9:15 a.m., I was dilated 10 cm and we started doing gravity moves to get Hadley to turn over. She was sunny side up (face towards my stomach, not face towards my back). This is why the back labor was so intense! Doctor arrived at 10:30 a.m. for "practice pushes" and our lil' angel, Hadley, arrived at 11:19 a.m. Hadley was 7 pounds, 7 ounces and 21 inches long! She is so long and lean!!
 |
| He was the BEST coach ever!! Always makes me smile! |
 |
| Proud Daddy meets his lil' angel |
 |
| The new Henshall Family |
 |
| Hadley Renae |
 |
| Grand-Mommy & Nana couldn't wait to hold her! |
We got home Friday afternoon, which was a great relief! The last week has been the adjustment period. We appreciate all the calls, texts, food, etc. from everyone. Who knew a newborn could take up so much time??? We promise to get back to each and everyone of you so very soon! I know everyone is anxious for pictures, so I'll move on to some of the amazing memories that we have had over the past week!
 |
| Let's blow this joint! I'm ready to go home! |
 |
| Boomer Sooner! First game day! |
 |
| Not a fan of this outfit...must be the colors and logo! |
 |
| I love photo opps! |
 |
| First Outing to the Doctor and Irma's for a hamburger |
 |
| Happy 1 Week Birthday! |
Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary! I'm so blessed to have any amazing husband, daddy and best friend to share my life with and make lots of amazing memories. We always said we would start our family between 3-5 years after we got married. Well, we cut it close, but we did it! :) I love you so much Brandon Wayne! I'd be lost without you! Hadley loves you too! :)
Much love,
Mommy Heather
1 comment:
Since I am so far away it makes me feel close by because I can hear you talking as I read each post :). You are so strong not waking Brandon up right away! Hadley is already looking beautiful in the pictures. Hugs and kisses,
Rebecca
Post a Comment