3.09.2010

13 Weeks: Life's a Peach

This is the last week of the first trimester. Looking back, it has gone by so fast. Looking forward, it is going by so slow. I think we are anxious to find out if we have a boy superstar or a girl superstar. By the way, the baby already has its first nickname "superstar" named by his dad. So, going forward it will be known as the superstar.

This week, we have a peach. I keep thinking that it shares all the characteristics of a real peach - its color and fuzzy skin but in the shape of a baby. It kinda makes some funny imaginary images.

I had my volunteer shifts with Junior League on Saturday afternoon and Monday evening. It's so fun to see all the children and watch as they learn new things. One mother brought her six children ranging in ages 11 to 5 months. I was amazed as she patiently let the three youngest climb all over her, pull her hair and beg for her attention. I thought if she can do it with six, then I can do it with one!

Mom and Daryl came down on Sunday to see "Shutter Island." It was an interesting movie that definitely made you think, but left you wondering. Leonardo did an amazing job as the lead actor. Then, we did a little shopping at Kohl's including the maternity section. I just couldn't buy any of the elastic pants quite yet. I kinda had a freak out moment. Once the belly is there, I won't have a choice, but it's hard to take that plunge.

My Grandma Vicki took a fall yesterday and broke her leg. Please keep her in your prayers.

Brandon is ready to watch LOST, so I had better close for now. Have a great week!
XOXO,
B & H +1

No comments: