3.23.2010

15 Weeks: Superstar goes to Washington

Hi. Superstar took his/her first plane ride to our capitol city of Washington D.C. last week. It was uneventful and the Superstar sat back and enjoyed the ride. I was there for an employment law conference where we learned what an employer can legally do and not do as well as updates about the health care reform. I exercised Thursday around the Capitol. It's such a beautiful, magical, historical city. There was lots of electricity in the air as the Reconciliation Bill was created and published. All of the aides were waiting patiently in their cars for the Congressmen to adjourn.

My energy is back! YIPPEEE! The last two weeks I have felt back to normal other than a growing belly. :) At my doctor appointment yesterday, I have gained eight pounds and the heartbeat was 150 (strong and healthy). I go back Monday for blood work and will schedule the ultrasound in about 3 weeks. Then, we will know if it is a boy or a girl superstar! What's your guess?

This is the last week for my normal pants. There is no more room in the inn (my favorite Ann Taylor pants). I ordered several pairs from Old Navy that have a hidden elastic band that you can tighten and loosen when needed. They are pretty nifty and give me lots of growing room!

Congrats to our parents (superstar's grandparents)! Daryl and Mom (my parents) celebrated 11 years of marriage on Monday. Daddio and Mother (B's parents) celebrated 44 years of marriage today! We are so proud and blessed to have such wonderful role models in our life of love!

Here is an adorable picture of the daddy-to-be when he was around eight months old. Will the superstar look like his/her daddy?













XOXOXO,
B & H + 1 

1 comment:

Mary Coley said...

I love your blog, honey! And the news is great. I am soooo excited about Superstar, whether boy or girl.
So glad your energy is back, and hope that continues.
Enjoy the expanding waistband - it will be the only time in your life that you will!
Mom